Community-Campus Partnerships for Health (CCPH) in partnership with Michigan State University (MSU) is excited to announce our 2020 International Conference.
On August 19-21, 2020, you are invited to attend the 2020 International Conference: Advancing Health Equity through Community and Economic Development. This conference will be hosted by our partner the MSU College of Human Medicine’s Division of Public Health in Flint, Michigan. The Conference will attract partnerships from across the U.S. and around the world to Flint, MI to learn about innovations in local, national, international community-campus initiatives and research.
The conference will provide community members, practitioners, and scholars a platform to highlight the experiences, skills, and best practices that explore issues of community and economic development and their impact on health equity – topics of discussion relevant to global conversations.
More than 400 participants are expected to attend!
The conference will bring together invited community representatives, faith-based partners, administrators in higher education, academic faculty, students, health officials, funders and policy makers from around the world. Participants will learn from each other, engage in dialogue and highlight partnerships to identify research collaborations that will address health equity through community and economic development.
The 2020 International Conference will:
- Explore the institutional and systemic factors contributing to economic development and health inequity;
- Highlight examples and existing collaborations of community-campus partnerships that are advancing economic development and health equity;
- Build momentum for policy solutions that help communities and institutions navigate the current environment, and more effectively assert their interests through policy development and engagement;
- Strengthen the growing international movement to deepen community engagement through authentic community partnerships; and
- Create new partnerships amongst institutions of higher education, local communities and national stakeholder organizations to advance a public health agenda for change.
The CCPH conference is an inclusive learning environment where all are embraced for the knowledge, perspective and experience they bring. CCPH will invite both national and regional leaders to discuss health equity initiatives that are working.
PLAN YOUR VISIT
CCPH 2020 will take place in Flint, MI. The main events will be at Michigan State University and University of Michigan Flint Campuses. The distance between venues is walkable but shuttles will also be available for accessibility.
Discounted rates will available at the newly built Hilton Buckham Square Hotel in downtown Flint. Stay tuned for more information.
Connect with our partners at the Flint & Genesee Chamber of
Commerce to learn how to make the most of your visit to Flint, MI!
If you have any questions, please complete the form below:
Community-Campus Partnerships for Health
P.O. Box 12124
Raleigh, NC 27605
PARTNERS & SPONSORS
The 2020 International Conference is hosted in partnership with
Michigan State University (MSU) College of Human Medicine’s Division of Public Health