Community-Campus Partnerships for Health’s mission is to promote health equity and social justice through partnerships between communities and academic institutions.
- We view health broadly as physical, mental, emotional, social and spiritual well-being.
- We emphasize partnership approaches to health that focus on changing the conditions and environments in which people live, work, study, pray and play.
- We believe in the fundamental need for healthier communities and the central role that communities play in their own well-being.
- We believe that creating healthier communities and overcoming complex societal concerns requires collaborative solutions that bring communities and institutions together as equal partners and build upon their assets, strengths and capacities.
- We believe in the power of partnerships to transform communities and institutions.
- We are committed to social justice and strive to model equity and justice in how we approach and carry out our work.
Our strategic goals are to:
- Leverage the knowledge, wisdom and experience in communities and in academic institutions to solve pressing health, social, environmental and economic challenges.
- Ensure that community-driven social change is central to the work of community-academic partnerships.
- Build the capacity of communities and academic institutions to engage each other in partnerships that balance power, share resources, and work towards systems change.